Thursday, August 16, 2018

hongkong october 2017

this was my first time to travel abroad. our first time to travel together outside of philippines. so, we were both really excited and happy especially my husband. i would say especially because he has been telling me he wanted to travel but he wants to go with me and this is the time where i have had the courage to really go. i don't remember the reasons why i didn't try to go before this year. but we finally did it and even if it was a bit late i still think its amazing.

i heard or read somewhere that traveling together tests your relationship and forces you to learn things about yourself, your husband and you ultimately appreciate and love each other more. that was true for us.



things that i was apprehensive about:

1. the weather - we went during the time when it was wet season and famous for storms/typhoons. and the day we left there was a storm update although nothing was said about it hitting cebu or the visayas. my sisters (who were anxious about almost anything these days) keep asking me if we are really good to go since the it was raining, a bit gloomy, windy but husband said it is fine. 2 hours and 50 minutes will be the longest i will ever be on a plane (nation wide travel only really lasts an hour and half at most). 
2. money - i was also a bit worried that we wouldn't have enough money not for the trip but for my husbands stay here. it's okay with me if i didn't have money and i am alone because i already know how to fend for myself. it turned out okay - our budget. a bit low but we made it worked!
3. food - i have been complaining about my tummy problems (i have gerd) and i am lately (months now) very particular about the food that i eat. i limit my food to rice, soups, fish and chickens. nothing spicy, no dairy products, nothing sour or chocolatey and most of all no caffeinated drink (my heart bleeds as i am writing this because these are my favorites) so i was worried that i might have what i call as "acid attack" and ruined it for husband and me. so i bought with me a lot of medicines and i only had a semi attack but that was because we were so exhausted that first day.




what we have discovered:

1. i have found out that i love being dependent on my husband. i relished being clingy and "helpless" and taken cared. i have never had a man take care of me before - nothing like husband did. even though he does not like carrying my luggage around he still does it and i will forever picture it in my head and tuck it away in my core memories. 
2. we are both starved from the focused attention and caresses and sweetness that each of us can give the other. very evident in our words, actions and the way we are drawn to each other even when we are in a crowd
3. i love the way my husband swallowed his pride during that two times we argued on victoria peak and sky 100 (pretty fancy places to fight huh?). 





















































looking forward to our future travel together. 

No comments: